Rinca in One Day
Rinca Island is one of the two main islands on Komodo National Park. It is closer to Labuanbajo and many visitors find it much more interesting to trace the Komodo Dragons in the wild on Rinca Island.
The trek on Rinca Island is a perfect combination of savanna trail and low land forest walk. Along the path, you might encounter various animals and birds such as wild water buffaloes, deers, boars, monkeys, wild horse, mega-pod birds and Yellow Crest Cockatoos. And of course, the Komodo Dragons.
After get sweat on Rinca Island, you will get yourself refreshed on Bidadari Island with its white sand beach.
- 06.00 Pick up at the hotel
- 06.15 arrive at the harbor and board the boat
- 06.30 Depart to Rinca Island
- 09.30 Arrive at Loh Buaya - Rinca Island and start exploring the island to trace the Komodo Dragons in Its natural habitat. It is good to trek until Waewaso where the possibility to encounter Komodo and other animals are high.
- 12.00 Return to the Harbor and sail to Bidadari Island
- 12.20 Lunch on board
- 14.00 Arrive in Bidadari Island to enjoy the white sand beach and its crystal clear water. Good for swimming and snorkeling
- 17.30 Return to Labuanbajo
- 18.00 Arrive in Labuanbajo and transfer to the hotel
Please take note of the following items to pack for the tour:
- Sun block
- Flat rubber sole shoes
- Beach sandals
- Sun umbrella or hat
- Snorkeling gear
- Binoculars (if any)
Mineral water is provided during the trek on Rinca Island.
Children under 12 years old have to have very serious care by their parents, especially during the walk on Rinca Island as Komodo dragon normally take attention on the weakest.