Wisma St. Fransiskus - DetusokoAddress: Wisma St. Fransiskus - Detusoko, Detusoko
Wisma Santu Fransiskus or Saint Francis Guesthouse was built by the Sisters of St Francis for religious purposes. The guesthouse, later on, started receiving foreign visitors who were seeking a much better accommodation in comparison with the already existing homestays in Moni. It is also known as Missionary Guest House.
Wisma St. Fransiskus is about 33 km from the colored lakes of Kelimutu. Normally guests start off early morning from the guesthouse to catch the sunrise in Kelimutu while enjoying the natural wonders that surround it.
The guesthouse provides a simple but clean accommodation. The rooms for guests and the main dining room are located on the ground floor while the sisters occupy the second floor. There are regular prayers on the second floor where the sisters and the orphans staying in the dormitory nearby share the room for daily prayers.
The income of the guesthouse is mainly used to fund the social works of the St. Francis Sisters in Detusoko. The main areas which the sisters work in are: housing the orphan children neglected by their parents and giving them the appropriate formal education they deserve.
Wisma St. Fransiskus is located in Detusoko.
- 33 kilometres east of Ende
- 33 kilometres west of Kelimutu colored lakes
- 19 kilometres from Moni
- 113 kilometres from Maumere
- 158 kilometres from Bajawa
- 163 kilometres from Riung
- Saya mau pergi ke Detusoko = I want to go to Detusoko
- Berapa sewa mobil ke sana? = How much is cost me to go there by car?
- Apakah ada Ojek yang bisa antar saya ke sana? = Is there an Ojek (rented motor bike with driver) who can drop me there?
- Berapa sewa Ojek ke Detusoko? = How much it cost me to rent an Ojek to Detusoko?
- Public buses: There are regular buses on the route of Ende - Maumere or Ende - Larantuka. Ask the driver to drop you off at Wisma St. Fransiskus in Detusoko. You get off at the main road and walk a bit up hill to reach the main building.
- Bemo: there are regular smaller vehicles servicing the route of Ende - Detusoko, Ende - Wolowaro or Ende - Moni. Take a Bemo and you may ask the driver to drive you up to the main building with some extra costs or you just get off at the main road and walk to the guesthouse.
- Ojek: if you don't bring big luggage, you may take advantage of an Ojek (a motorbike).
- If you start from the airport of Ende, you may charter a car to get to Detusoko.
- Take a "travel car" from Maumere and ask the driver to drop you off at the main building of Wisma St. Fransikus which is located about 200m from the main road, behind the church.